- Home »
- About Us
The Erie City Mission is a Christian social outreach program created in 1911 by the famous evangelist Bill Sunday. Located in Erie, Pennsylvania the Mission encompasses two buildings at 1017 and 1023 French Street. The Mission has many programs to serve the local community and continues to expand its care programs.
We are committed to our Residents, Staff, Volunteers, Donors and Community in the following ways:
- Honor the Erie City Mission's statement of faith as contained in the By Laws.
- Recognize that all people are created by and made in the image of God. Therefore, we will strive to always respect a person's intrinsic values by:
- Responding with Samaritan Care to those who are in crisis and by providing long-term recovery care and support leading to personal growth and stability.
- Treating both the people who are in need and the people who assist, support and fund the ministry as true friends - people who trust and value our services and who must be satisfied.
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment that encourages: open minds, individual inquiry, entrepreneurial spirit and constant learning leading to spiritual and temporal growth of people’s character … commitment … skills … and lives that are evidenced by a spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Acknowledging that people, working in a teaming effort under God’s leading, are our most valuable asset.
- Provide administrative and "friend-raising" standards as well as ministry services that are financially sound and on the leading edge of highest quality and superior value.
- Demonstrate our Christian ideals by always being a true friend and good neighbor in the multi-cultural community by maintaining an open and inclusive spirit to all through encouraging partnerships with other community agencies and care providers, optimizing scarce resources and eliminating duplicate services whenever possible.