Erie City Mission
  • Home »
  • Our Programs

Our Programs

Men's Ministry - New Life Program (NLP)

A transitional living environment for men suffering with Addiction to Drugs & Alcohol. The program requires a yearlong commitment and includes Individual and Group Counseling, Addictions Education, and access to Medical and Vocational screening.

In 2014 the New Life Program provided:

  • 8,039 bed nights
  • 100+ men with rehabilitation programs
  • Over 6,000 rides to medical and mental health appointments and addiction recovery meetings.

93% of graduates had stable and permanent housing. The remaining 7% moved into shelters, stayed temporarily with family or friends, or became residents in a group home.

Men's Ministry - Samaritan Care

Women And Children's Ministries

Encompasses a variety of programs including the Grace House, a 12 month transitional living program, and the Women’s Connection Bible study. As well our Bonkers 4 Jesus summer, and Urban University afterschool children’s programs.

Family Care Center, 719 French Street, open Tuesdays & Thursday’s from 9-2

Provides food and household items to families and individuals living in poverty. Spiritual support, counseling and agency referrals are also available. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Included in our Family Care Ministry are

  • Food Pantry - provides emergency food and personal care items on a weekly basis to anyone in need.
  • Kings Kloset - provides free clothing and small household items once a month to those in need.

Free Meal Ministry

Provides a nutritious lunch to any man, woman or child in need.
Public Meals are served at:

  • the Mission Dining Room on 11th & French, 7 days a week 11:00- 12:30 pm
  • San Juan United Methodist Church on Buffalo Rd on Erie’s Eastside, Monday through Friday 11:30-12:30 pm

Thrifty Shopper Stores

Discover hidden treasures. All sales benefit Erie City Mission programs that house the homeless, feed the hungry and rescue the lost right here at home.

Thrifty Shopper Locations:

  • 2064 W. 16th St (just east of Pittsburgh Ave)
  • 10081 Ridge Road, Girard

Donation Center, 2064 W.16th Street (just east of Pittsburgh Ave)

Accepting donations of gently used clothing, furniture, and small household items. Items are sorted and either given away to the needy or sold in the Mission’s Thrifty Shopper Stores.

Servant's Heart Volunteer Program
Become a mission volunteer, assist us in a variety of areas and help change lives.

Lord, we thank you and praise you for your goodness, grace and mercy. We thank you for your blessing and protection upon the Mission. We are truly honored and humbled to serve the poor, hungry and homeless people who come to us for help. Our faith and trust is in you, and we know that all things are possible to those who believe. As you work through us, we will bring your power, glory, and love to the hurting, and their lives will be forever changed. In Jesus name, Amen.

content management, website design, e-commerce and web development services in Erie, Pennsylvania